Innovation is a sum of steps and tweaks.
Part of our Next Normal leadership series, this episode features Elevate’s Chairman and CEO, Liam Brown, talking with Reena SenGupta, CEO and creator of FT Innovative Lawyers. Reena and Liam talk about leadership, innovation, and becoming digital. Reena leads RSG consulting, the FT Innovative Lawyers Programme, and is a special membership advisor to the Digital Legal Exchange.
- [01:24] – In 2004, innovation and lawyers did not ever go together.
- [03:46] – Moving a market.
- [05:24] – It’s okay to try new things, to talk about new things.
- [07:23] – An invention, innovation, and improvement are they different?
- [10:46] – A knowledge business is democratic and requires phenomenal leadership.
- [12:50] – CEOs are asking their business functions, including legal, to operate digitally and innovate at the speed of the rest of the business.
- [15:46] – Only two out of 10 legal departments are digitally enabled enough to support their companies.
- [17:08] – Until that data can flow back and forth between other functions and other digital workflows, these pools of data lose their value.
- [21:53] – It’s important to know when something isn’t working anymore – and when to get out.