Our Cael ELM suite supports both MANAGING and PERFORMING legal work
What's in a name?
Cael, pronounced kale, is the Latin root for ‘sky’ – a good name, we think, for cloud software designed to help take our customers’ legal operations to a higher level.
Legal project management simplified
Our cloud-based app improves collaboration and communication between corporate legal departments and law firms. Cael Project (previously Cael LPM) streamlines legal project management for lawyers, with a practical approach and a user-friendly interface that works on desktops, laptops, tablets and iPhones.
In addition to helping law firms to successfully manage projects against budget and schedule, the app has been extended for corporate legal departments, providing oversight of all projects across all outside counsel firms, without having to log into different law firm systems.
Cael Project works on desktops, laptops and tablets – and now iPhones
'Just enough' approach
The user interface is designed to display important information concisely.
Planning made easy
Straightforward tools help budgeting and staffing at the outset of a matter
Simple progress tracking
Quick and easy progress updates against tasks and deadlines with simple traffic light status indicators
Early warnings of potential budget or deadline problems
Full protection of matter and project-related data
Removing friction from the billing process
Our paperless pro forma application streamlines billing, saving partners time and improving compliance with client billing guidelines.
Ease of use
User-friendly paperless pre-bill generation, review, edit, workflow and approval
Integration with leading billing and financial systems
Client billing guidelines library, rules engine, and automated flagging of non-compliant line items
Identification of persistent issues and trends across invoices, timekeepers and matters
Auto-suggest for missing/incorrect UTBMS codes
One-click bulk approval for invoices that don’t require review or pose low risk
One-click clarification requests for vague or block-billed entries
Simultaneous multi-user editing, intelligent global find/replace, and customizable auto-suggest at matter/client levels
Approval forwarding and delegation
Tablet and mobile device-friendly interface
Data-driven insights for law departments and law firms
This powerful tool quickly consolidates, cleans and connects data from any source, enabling analysis and metrics that inform important decisions. Cael Vision™ is pre-loaded with industry best practice reporting and metrics, while also providing the flexibility to create custom reports.
Cael Vision™ can ingest, analyze and report on a wide variety of data:
Legal spend analytics
Vendor management scorecards
Department metrics dashboards
Matter and contract data
Intellectual property management
Procurement spend analysis
Metrics, analysis and reporting based on industry best practices
Flexible custom reporting
More informed strategic decisions based on objective data analysis
Simplifying the cumbersome verification process
This nimble tool streamlines the otherwise manual process of compiling and verifying the contents of complex documents such as prospectuses, saving time, lowering cost, and providing audit trail.
User Friendly Dashboard
See which tasks are assigned, due, overdue or unverified
Quickly upload new verification projects and documents
Select and Assign
Flag and assign work to team members with intuitive text selection tool
Pending Action Lists
Filter and find relevant verification tasks that require action
Toggle between assigned verifications
Easily edit and track changes in the document collaboratively, with multiple simultaneous users
Monitor progress against verification project goals
Review verification projects or tasks remotely on any tablet or desktop computer
Confidential client matter details are stored securely
Streamlined legal RFPs
Cael Select is a data-driven outside counsel selection tool for the modern legal department.
Using Cael Select, my team has saved significant time and applied very robust standards in managing a key outside counsel selection to achieve significant cost-savings.Iohann Le Frapper
RFPs: A necessary evil
In-house teams face increasing pressure to get consistently high value services for predictable costs. Even with a carefully-vetted panel, challenges abound in consistently managing legal spend and buying behaviors. Running the RFP process, especially across multiple bids can devolve into email chaos, spreadsheet hell and time-consuming administration. Bottom line: the information doesn’t organize itself.
- Leverage our efficient, easy-to-use system for engaging and evaluating outside counsel in the RFP process
- Easily scope and create a new matter; send it to one or many Firms; receive, compare and score proposals within the platform; and select your Firm
- Track and monitor the buying behaviors of the legal team via the Select GC Dashboard
Our simple RFP workflow follows industry best practices:
Executive summary for RFP with relevant data points such as practice area, a summary of the matter, and RFP deadlines.
Any additional documentation with matter outlines, supplemental information, company background, etc.
Outline of the matter scope with desired outcomes and deliverables, milestone dates, and assumptions
Requested responses on areas such as desired fee arrangements and matter planning specifics such as staffing details or fee breakdown per deliverable
Select from pre-set dropdown list of outside panel members or add a new firm
Benefits for all key stakeholders
- Tame the chaos of the tender process with an easy-to-use tool
- Gain insight into multiple RFP processes at a glance with intuitive dashboards – know where you are in all of your matter bids
- Create and issue RFPs in a fraction of the time you would take via email
- Administer the process yourself or work together; Cael Select makes it easy for in-house, legal ops and procurement to collaborate
- Ensure best practices of RFP/legal procurement are followed for all legal matters
- Gain insights into areas such as managed spend by practice area, by in-house lawyer and by firm
- Leverage GC dashboards to capture key metrics on past performance of teams and outside counsel
- Score project scope, timekeeper staffing, and commercial terms with simple, straightforward system for evaluation
- Use the platform to directly support RFP processes and/or monitor metrics to drive more informed conversations about outside counsel spend with your team
- See your corporate client’s scope, value and fee arrangement information up-front in an easy-to-use interface
- Save time crafting proposals that are focused and concise
- Receive meaningful client feedback quickly with simple, structured scoring mechanisms
Join our Charter Customer Program
- 90 day free trial
- Early access to new features
- Input on new features
- No cost now, reduced cost later
- Annual subscription option
(with no obligation)