Streamline your legal RFPs
A data-driven outside counsel selection tool
for the modern law department
What our customers are saying
“Using Counsel, my team has saved significant time and applied very robust standards in managing a key outside counsel selection to achieve significant cost savings.”
Tame the chaos of RFPs
In-house teams face increasing pressure to get consistently high value services for predictable costs. Even with a carefully-vetted panel, challenges abound in consistently managing legal spend and buying behaviors. Running the RFP process, especially across multiple bids can devolve into email chaos, spreadsheet hell and time-consuming administration.
Bottom line: the information doesn’t organize itself.
Work smarter with Counsel
Track and monitor the buying behaviors of the legal team via Counsel’s GC Dashboard
Our simple RFP workflow follows industry best practices
Executive summary for RFP with relevant data points such as practice area, a summary of the matter, and RFP deadlines.
Outline of the matter scope with desired outcomes and deliverables, milestone dates, and assumptions
Select from pre-set dropdown list of outside panel members or add a new firm
Any additional documentation with matter outlines, supplemental information, company background, etc.
Requested responses on areas such as desired fee arrangements and matter planning specifics such as staffing details or fee breakdown per deliverable
Benefits for all key stakeholders
- Tame the chaos of the tender process with an easy-to-use tool
- Gain insight into multiple RFP processes at a glance with intuitive dashboards – know where you are in all of your matter bids
- Create and issue RFPs in a fraction of the time you would take via email
- Administer the process yourself or work together; Counsel makes it easy for in-house, legal ops and procurement to collaborate
- Leverage GC dashboards to capture key metrics on past performance of teams and outside counsel
- Score project scope, timekeeper staffing, and commercial terms with simple, straightforward system for evaluation
- Use the platform to directly support RFP processes and/or monitor metrics to drive more informed conversations about outside counsel spend with your team
- Ensure best practices of RFP/legal procurement are followed for all legal matters
- Gain insights into areas such as managed spend by practice area, by in-house lawyer and by firm
- See your corporate client’s scope, value and fee arrangement information up-front in an easy-to-use interface
- Save time crafting proposals that are focused and concise
- Receive meaningful client feedback quickly with simple, structured scoring mechanisms