Technology, Process, Content and People
Stephen Allen, Vice President of Get Shit Done at Elevate, had the pleasure of hosting a talk with Dr. Roger Strathausen and Elevate’s Rob Couch. Dr. Roger Strathausen is a business consultant and acting Vice-Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Liquid Legal Institute, a non-profit association committed to promoting digitalisation in the legal industry. Rob Couch is a managing director of Consulting, focused on the contracting and CLM practice at Elevate. Roger and Rob have put together a white paper Elevate is publishing around contract life cycle management trends, why contract, how to contract, and who owns the contract – a wide-ranging series of thought leadership.
- [01:15] – The tenet of our white paper surrounds three points: the evolution of contracting today, technology matters, and AI is the future.
- [04:40] – There is an evolution of technology occurring within the contracting space. AI is completely changing the rules related to contracting.
- [07:30] – Contracting started as a handshake and then transitioned to the lawyers for good reasons – contracting and transactions became more complicated.
- [09:44] – Technology, templates, and a library of allowed deviations.
- [11:01] – Today CLM tools have AI is part of the original design, built into the technology use case.
- [15:16] – Balancing the technical possibility of what can be done with a compelling use case.
- [18:04] – Smart Contracts have evolved because of AI.
- [19:19] – What should businesspeople who contract, and lawyers who support them, be doing now?