Reimagining the Law Firm as a Business Services Provider
This podcast episode is part of our Impact Series, featuring Elevate customers implementing transformative change. In this episode, Elevate’s Stephen Allen, Vice President of Get Sh*t Done at Elevate, talks with John Hurley, the COO of the law firm, Foley & Lardner.
- [01:39] – Today, Foley & Lardner has a go-to-market swagger.
- [03:07] – If it’s not broken why change it? 30% of Foley’s clients have been with the firm for over 30 years.
- [05:42] – John sees his role as leading continuous change management to help the enterprise.
- [08:54] – This last year added a collaboration challenge; our savings grace was our strong culture.
- [11:13] – Our clients don’t have legal issues; they’ve got business issues.
- [13:52] – Direct communication and direct delivery to the client are going to continue. Firms are exploring AI and analytics and other valuable tools to make delivery more impactful.
- [15:24] – A law firm COO has to understand the totality of a law firm, how the pieces work and fit together, how to make the firm more efficient for partners.