Reimagining the Law Firm as a Business Services Provider
This podcast episode is part of our Impact Series, featuring Elevate customers implementing transformative change. In this episode, Elevate’s Stephen Allen, Vice President of Get Shit Done at Elevate, talks with John Hurley, the COO of the law firm, Foley & Lardner.
- [01:39] – Today, Foley & Lardner has a go-to-market swagger.
- [03:07] – If it’s not broken why change it? 30% of Foley’s clients have been with the firm for over 30 years.
- [05:42] – John sees his role as leading continuous change management to help the enterprise.
- [08:54] – This last year added a collaboration challenge; our savings grace was our strong culture.
- [11:13] – Our clients don’t have legal issues; they’ve got business issues.
- [13:52] – Direct communication and direct delivery to the client are going to continue. Firms are exploring AI and analytics and other valuable tools to make delivery more impactful.
- [15:24] – A law firm COO has to understand the totality of a law firm, how the pieces work and fit together, how to make the firm more efficient for partners.
Note: This transcript has been adjusted to improve readability. Transcripts are generated using speech recognition software and human transcribers. The context and more than 95% of the actual transcript have been preserved. We strongly encourage you to listen to the audio file.