At Home, in School, and at Work
As part of our Expert Series featuring Elevate’s President, John Croft, Joanne Monck, OBE shares her perspective as a transgender person navigating the world – at home, at work – and during COVID.
- [01:28] – Joanne…
- [03:07] – School life…
- [04:45] – Family life…
- [07:31] – A big decision and a multistep process.
- [10:35] – Work life…
- [13:09] – “The ability to accept equality.”
- [15:10] – The importance of support networks to the transgender community.
- [16:04] – How an employer can help.
- [18:08] – The right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- [19:29] – Microaggressions and feeling hate.
- [21:04] – Standing up and being recognized.
Note: This transcript has been adjusted to improve readability. Transcripts are generated using speech recognition software and human transcribers. The context and more than 95% of the actual transcript have been preserved. We strongly encourage you to listen to the audio file.
Transcript coming soon..