Inside the Engine Room
Welcome to the first episode of the ‘Inside the Engine Room’ series on the Elevate.Together.Podcast. Hosted by Elevate’s Dan Katz, Vice President Data Science Innovation at Elevate.
Dan’s guest for this episode is Eric Detterman, Elevate’s Vice President of Data Engineering and Solutions. Dan and Eric focus their discussion on the business of law problem resolution.
- [01:50] – Eric is an economist with a statistical background
- [04:30] – Applying statistical models for prediction – quantitative trading
- [09:15] – He joined LexPredict, to bring a focus to productization
- [10:20] – Solving metered problems for a specific customer
- [12:17] – How to decompose a product
- [13:00] – How to build a product – with machine learning
- [14:19] – Customers focus on workflow and the front-end interface
- [15:28] – We focus on the engine room and building a sound foundation…
Note: This transcript has been adjusted to improve readability. Transcripts are generated using speech recognition software and human transcribers. The context and more than 95% of the actual transcript have been preserved. We strongly encourage you to listen to the audio file.
Transcript coming soon..